I’m trying to get a honey-pot machine setup to test infection and document steps to remove Aurora, but until then based on past experience below is a rough draft of the various typical steps:
1) Perform all removal attempts in Safe Mode
2) End or kill the System Startup Service that is listed as C:\Windows\svcproc.exe
3) End or kill the executable that I referred to as a sign that indicates that you may have Aurora (e.g. C:\Windows\nail.exe)
4) End or kill the explorer.exe process and then proceed to start the removal process using HijackThis or one of the other spyware programs.
5) If all else fails, try the Best Offers Uninstaller provided by Direct Revenue. Why they don’t let you remove this directly from Add/ Remove Programs is totally beyond me.