To change the default port for SQL Server 2005 follow the steps listed below:
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager which is found under Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools
- In the SQL Server Configuration Manager window, expand SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration
- Click on Protocols for
- Right click on TCP/IP and select Properties
- In the TCP/IP Properties box, click on the IP Addresses tab
- If the TCP Dynamic Ports dialog box contains 0, indicating the Database Engine is listening on dynamic ports, delete the 0.
- In the TCP Port box, type the port number you wish this IP address to listen on, and then click OK
- Restart the SQL Server instance and the port changes will be applied to the respective instance.
For more information about Configuring a SQL Server to listen on a specific port visit How to: Configure a Server to Listen on a Specific TCP Port (SQL Server Configuration Manager)