New updates from Apple for Max OS X 10.4.8 that include general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies:
– Connecting to wireless networks using the EAP-FAST protocol
– Apple USB modem reliability
– Using OpenType fonts in Microsoft Word
– Compatibility with 3rd party USB hubs
– Scanner performance
– RAW camera support
– Printing documents with Asian language names
– Performance of the Translation widget
– Broadband network performance
– Security updates
I just noticed a new website for the Temple University Japan Campus. Did you know that Temple University was the first American university to establish a campus in Japan? Did you also know that the Executive MBA program at the campus was also the first of its kind in Japan and in 2005 was also designated as the first Foreign University, Japan Campus, in Japan by Japan’s Ministry of Education , Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
Windows Live Mail M7 does not have a way to export contacts. Thankfully, Ben Poon, has created Windows Live Mail Contacts Exporter that helps you accomplish the much needed but non-existant way of exporting contacts from Windows Live Mail. If you’re one of the early adopters of Windows Live Mail, this may help solve some issues with synchronizing contacts to Outlook or your Windows mobile device.
Miranda IM is a open-source multi protocol instant messenger client for Microsoft Windows.
I’m one of those users who hasn’t completely moved to Firefox. In fact the only reasons I use Firefox are because of:
1) Inline Search or Find in Page – Quick instant searching on the page
2) Session Saver – Restores the state of your browser exactly as you left it, including tabs, windows and anything that you may have been typing.
3) Adblock – Blocks advertisements and other image sources.
Today, thanks to Omar Shahine’s blog titled Inline Search for Internet Explorer, I found out about a similar Find in Page or Inline Search add-on for Internet Explorer. Best part of all is that it works great. If you’re interested, you can download the add-on from Core Services.