An excellent list of helpful references and resources for student data privacy fromÂ Data Quality CampaignÂ compiled by EdSurge.
If youâ€™re looking for more background information on the issue, check out the resources over at theÂ Data Quality Campaign (DQC), a nonpartisan national advocacy nonprofit which aims to build productive conversations around how data is used in education to improve student achievement. In itsÂ resources section, DQC offers a range of tools to help you thoroughly understand why companies and districts collect student data and what follow up questions you should be asking. Here are a few of the DQCâ€™s resources that weâ€™ve found most useful
- Getting the Facts Straight about Education Data
- Federal Privacy Laws That Apply to Children and Education
- Empowering Parents with Data: Ensuring Parents Have Data to Make Informed Choices
- Cheat Sheet: Data Privacy, Security, and Confidentiality
- Roadmap to Safeguarding Student Data: Key Focus Areas for State Education Agencies