Recently, I’ve had the need to:
- Track multiple conference bridge lines and appropriate leader or participant passcodes in my Contacts and be able to dial them easily when necessary
- Send out meeting/calendar invites that include the conference bridge line and appropriate leader or participant passcode and make it easier for someone else to dial in
With both situations, save the number and passcode as a single phone line entry but use a comma (,) to add a 2 second pause or a semi colon (;) for a hard pause – implying the next sequence of numbers won’t be dialed unless a key is pressed on the phone.
For example, if the number 800-123-4567,,,1234567# is saved as a contact or used in a meeting invite, and you attempt to dial the number on an iPhone, here’s what you’ll observe:
- 800-123-4567 number is dialed
- 6 second pause to allow for the conference greeting. (Each comma is a 2 second pause)
- Passcode 1234567 is entered followed by the # key