dig is a command line tool developed by BIND for querying DNS nameservers. Aside from DNS lookups, dig can help diagnose other DNS problems as well.
To install dig on Windows:
- Download the latest version of BIND from the ISC Download.
- Extract the downloaded files to a folder such as C:\Program Files\ISC BIND 9
- Run the BINDInstall.exe executable from C:\Program Files\ISC BIND 9
- Check the box beside Tools Only
5. Once BIND is installed, open System Properties. There are multiple methods to do this, however, one option is to right click on the Windows menu and select System Info
6. Click Advanced System Settings
7. Click Advanced
8. Click Environment Variables
9. Under System Variables, find Path and click Edit
10. Add C:\Program Files\ISC BIND 9\bin as a new variable and click OK
11. dig is now installed on your system