The recent release of the MSN Toolbar Suite has led me to uninstall both Lookout and Google’s Toolbar. Check out the Channel 9 videos on the MSN Toolbar Suite to see why.
The MSN Search Team has just released a new beta for the MSN Toolbar Suite
Some of the features as listed on the website include:
– Find anything on your computer
– Find email messages
– Fill out forms online
– Block Pop-up ads
Now what’s kind of baffling is that even though all of the above features are provided for free, one would expect or hope that this would have come standard as part of the actual operating system. Nevertheless, if a tool can help with information retrieval then I’m all game.
If you’d like to try out the Google Suggest functionality that’s being discussed on the blogosphere follow the link listed below:
I assisted a client today who was experiencing very sluggish system performance on her Dell Inspiron 1150 after installing Windows XP SP2. After a quick Google/ Dell Forum search it appears that there are multiple people experiencing the same problem. Below are the steps I took to resolve the problem:
– Upgraded BIOS from A04 to A06 by running the BIOS update provided on the Dell Support Site
– Ran Dell’s QuickSet utility to configure the Power Settings for the laptop to be ‘always on’.
– Checked Windows Power Settings to confirm that the power scheme selected was set to something other than Portable/ Laptop
– Reset BIOS settings by pressing Alt + F
Some other recommendations:
– Roll back the processor driver that restores the processor.sys driver over the intelppm.sys installed by XP SP2.
Has anyone seen the new MSN.com site layout?
Update: Click on the image to set MSN.com to display the new layout (Obtained from comment posted by Paul Britton Jr. )