As a reminder to myself, and a recommendation to others, if you’re using Firefox you may find some of these extensions useful. I’m hopeful that eventually I’ll have a list of 10 extensions that will complete a 10 FALs (Frequently Asked Links) series on Firefox Extensions.
- Tab Mix Plus
– I was introduced to this extension by a colleague at work. Provides session management and every possible feature you could think of for tabbed browsing.
– A great utility to filter out advertisements and other content from a site.
- Session Saver
– Saves everything in your browser environment and restores the state when you reopen Firefox.
- Clone Window
– An extension that most Internet Explorer users look for to maintain content of a window when creating new instances of the browser window.
– Originally introduced by Safari, the SnapBack extension allows you to return to the point where you last typed a URL or selected a bookmark. Hat tip to Don for the SnapBack link.
Urban Legends Reference Page.
Joi Ito points to Chilling Effects as a resource site on how to deal with issues pertaining to online rights.
10 Frequently Asked Links on Windows XP Service Pack 2
1. Download Locations
2. Avoiding the installation of Windows XP Service Pack 2
Disabling Delivery of Windows XP Service Pack 2 Through Windows Update and Automatic Updates
3. Installing Windows XP Service Pack 2
Installing Service Pack 2
4. Internet Explorer Changes
Internet Explorer Information Bar
5. Windows XP Firewall Changes
What to do if a program stops working after installing Windows XP Service Pack 2
6. Website Changes
Fine Tuning your website for Service Pack 2
Configuring Windows XP with SQL Server
8. Windows XP Service Pack 2 Information
Official Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Center
9. Creating a Windows XP Boot CD with the Service Pack 2
Bink’s Guide to integrating Service Packs with a Windows OS
10. What to do when nothing else works
Richard Callaby for his amazing collection of links
Paul Fallon for his amazing collection of links
Robert Scoble for a candid question on Service Pack 2